Korean people love dried squid. Ojjingeo-chae(오징어채) is shredded dried squid that is processed with seasoning. We enjoy it as a snack when we drink or as a side dish for our daily meals. Ojjingeo-chae Muchim(오징어채 무침) is a favorite side dish which is a little spicy and sweet. I remember that Ojjingeo-chae Muchim was always in our refrigerator and the most frequently served side dish for our lunch box.
Ingredients: Ojjingeo-chae (one pack, 300g), soy sauce(3 spoons), red pepper powder(2 spoons), sugar(1 1/2 spoons or grain syrup), mayonnaise(1 spoon), sesame seed oil, ground sesame seed
- Cut the Ojjingeo-chae into 4-5 cm with a scissor.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper powder, sugar, and mayonnaise to the Ojjingeo-chae in a bowl.
- Mix them with your hands hard until sugar dissolves.
- Drop two spoons of sesame seed oil and mix them again.
- Sprinkle ground sesame seed onto the surface.
It becomes mature after one or two days in the refrigerator.