Spring is the right season to eat crab in Korea. Among a variety of ways to enjoy crab, marinating raw crabs in soy sauce is the most popular one. It is called as ‘Ganjang Gejang( 간장게장)’ and also known as ‘a rice-thief(밥도둑)’ because eating very salty, but delicious Gejang makes us fill our rice bowl again and again.
2. Put the crabs in a container and add 15 ~20 cloves of garlic, 10 slices of ginger and 7~8 dried red peppers.
3. Pour one bottle of soy sauce so that the soy sauce slightly covers the crabs.
4. Store them in the refrigerator for one day, 24 hours.
5. After one day, drain the marinated crabs and boil the soy sauce only.
6. Cool the boiled soy sauce down completely and pour it again onto the crabs.
7. Store them in the refrigerator for another day.
8. After 24 hours, reiterate the process, straining, boiling and cooling the soy sauce.
9. Store them in the refrigerator for 6~7 hours and drain them.
10. Separate the crabs from the soy sauce and other ingredients.
11. Freeze the crabs only and store the soy sauce with other ingredients in the refrigerator.